EMERGERs, let us introduce you to Ashley Miller, Account Executive at MADE.
1. Why did you join EMERGE Lakeland?
- As an active member of the Lakeland community, and a native of this wonderful city, I am familiar with the good work that the Lakeland Chamber and EMERGE does in our community. After 12 years in a non-profit career at Volunteers in Service to the Elderly (VISTE), I recently made a career change. From my experience working with EMERGE members through various volunteer activities at VISTE, and my knowledge of EMERGE Serves, I felt it appropriate to join this wonderful group of young professionals to learn more beyond what I already know, and meet new professionals who are focused on community, networking, learning from others, cultivating friendships, and developing their careers.
- Are you originally from this area? If not, where from?
- Born and raised in Lakeland, FL!
3. What do you like most about Lakeland?
- Lakeland is home. As Lakeland grows, more opportunities for community involvement become available. We have great leadership in Lakeland, who invest in making this an even more diverse and beautiful place to live, work, and play.
4. What do you do?
- I am an Account Executive at MADE, a boutique marketing and branding agency in Lakeland.
5. What do you like most about your job/profession?
- I love interacting with our clients, and helping them share their businesses’ voice. Each one is different, and bringing their visions to life is extremely rewarding. We also have an amazing team, each with our individual talents that come together to become an extension of our clients’ teams. My team is like a second family and I love coming to work every day!
6. What are some of your hobbies?
- Singing, playing the piano (not on a stage LOL), and spending time at the beach (particularly Anna Maria Island) and in nature.
7. What’s your involvement in the community?
- I am a graduate of Leadership Lakeland Class XXXVI, and recently finding myself with more time to volunteer with some local non-profits.
8. If someone sees you at an EMERGE event, what are some topics they should ask you about to get the conversation going?
- A tried and true conversation starter with me is asking about my 4-year old son, Jack. I’ll also talk music, bands, Florida wildlife, restaurants, marketing, volunteerism, you name it. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I’m a “talker.”
9. Anything else you want to add?
- Thanks for the opportunity to share, join the conversation, and all the great things that EMERGE is doing in Lakeland!
If you are a fairly new member, within the last three months, and would like to be highlighted in our EMERGE blog, please feel free to contact Jovan Hemenez at firstname.lastname@example.org.