My name is Jovan and I want to personally welcome you to EMERGE Lakeland’s Blog Relaunch! I’m actually a new member myself, but I’m the kind of person who dives right in whenever starting something new. Recently, I have joined the Marketing Committee and we are currently working on updating our EMERGE Blog. We will be highlighting new members in our “New Member Spotlight”. For the “New Member Spotlight,” we select a new member that has recently joined EMERGE, ask a couple of questions, post a photo of them, and “spotlight” them in our EMERGE newsletter and blog.
With so many members in EMERGE, it’s hard to meet everyone. Spotlighting new members opens the opportunity to know a little more about them when attending an EMERGE event.
With that being said, I’d like to introduce you to Dorcas Crumbley, Owner of Essential Catering Solutions, Inc.
- Why did you join EMERGE Lakeland? I joined EMERGE Lakeland for the vast amount of resources and information exchange that happens within this culture. I believe that actively learning as much as I can about this awesome community and surrounding area makes me that much more of a force to be reckoned with when it comes to contributing to it in massive ways economically and financially. I am a native of Lakeland and I have seen Lakeland grow so much over the span of my young adult life and I am ready to be a part of its advancement.
- Are you originally from this area? If not, where from? I was born and raised here.
- What do you like most about Lakeland? The excellent family-friendly dynamic it holds which adds value to the community.
- What do you do? I own and operate Essential Catering Solutions, a full-service catering company that focuses on personalized care in bereavement food service, although we have a vast range of business and wedding clients. We specialize in creating a very unique and holistic experience in food and event execution.
- What do you like most about your job/profession? The people.
- What are some of your hobbies? Traveling.
- What’s your involvement in the community? I participate in many different ways, such as in-kind and financial donations, volunteering of my time, and fostering nonprofit partnerships among other things.
- If someone sees you at an EMERGE event, what are some topics they should ask you about to get the conversation going? Ask me more about Bereavement catering and some of the unique ways we provide services to our clients.
- Anything else you want to add? I love what I do. The people who work with me to create the best experience for our clients truly enjoy what they do, which is why, if you want to experience catering differently, then you definitely want us to cater or plan your next event.
Dorcas, welcome to EMERGE Lakeland!
Author: Jovan Hemenez