AUTHOR: Amanda Friel
Love is in the air lately for home sweet Lakeland. Not too long ago, Realtor.com cited Lakeland as the best place to buy a home in 2019, and who could blame them? For our young professionals, the reasons are obvious.
1. The location is kind of awesome.
It’s no secret to anyone with access to a map that Lakeland is sandwiched between two substantially sized metropolitan areas: Tampa and Orlando. Young professionals love the versatility that comes with living in a smaller community while still being able to take advantage of large city entertainment and nightlife. Not to mention, the proximity to sought-after vacation destinations like theme parks and beaches.
2. It’s kind to your bottom line.
Swan City can save you some money. Many young professionals have noted that Lakeland-living allows them a lifestyle that, quite frankly, would be much more difficult to obtain elsewhere. Hard-earned dollars go far here, which is why many young professionals and small business owners are deciding to take root and call Lakeland home.
3. It’s a great place for families.
Free family-friendly events, picture-perfect parks (hello, family portraits!) and a strong sense of community make Lakeland a wonderful place to add onto your family tree. Many young professionals said they loved Lakeland because it was a place they wanted to settle in and raise their children.
4. Blossoming small businesses.
From coffee shops and creative dining to unique retailers and beloved breweries—Lakeland is home to a growing population of homegrown businesses that love our city as much as we do. Young professionals say they enjoy patronizing the businesses that contribute to the economic growth and well being of our community. Which is a win-win for everyone.
5. Professional development.Lakeland is home to higher-education institutions such as Southeastern University, Florida Southern College, Polk State College, and Florida Polytechnic University, making it an ideal place to continue your education. Whether you’re looking for a technical certificate or a Master’s degree, young professionals have local options when it comes to developing professionally. Not to mention organizations likeCatapult
, which is a co-working space that fosters growth for local startups and EMERGE Lakeland (that’s us!), which provides opportunities for networking, professional growth and community involvement for young local professionals.
Written By Amanda Friel