Name: Danielle Harris
Years with EMERGE: 4 years
Current role in EMERGE: EMERGE Membership Committee Chair; Steering Committee Member
1. How and why did you get involved with EMERGE Lakeland?
Networking and connecting with other young professionals are the main drivers of why I joined EMERGE.
2. Are you originally from this area? If so, why have you stayed in Lakeland? If not, what brought you to Lakeland?
I am originally from Mount Dora, Florida. After college, a job opened at One More Child, aka Florida Baptist Children’s Homes, which brought me to Lakeland from Orlando.
3. What is your current occupation? Employer?
VP/Marketing Manager at Bank of Central Florida.
4. Do you have any hobbies or interests?
Racquetball, singing on the worship team at church, and working out.
5. If someone sees you at an EMERGE event, what are some topics they should ask you about to get the conversation going?
6. What’s the best professional advice you have ever been given?
We grow through the places we go, the people we meet, and the books we read.
7. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
Wonder Woman because she’s a warrior at heart, beautiful but behind the scenes, and her mission serves people.
8. What would be your superpower and why?
Wisdom to determine the best decisions with clarity.
9. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title would be?
Joyful in the Journey
10. What did you want to be when you grew up?
11. How would you explain what you do to a five-year-old?
Communication is very important and is a work of art.
A Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce and United Way Collaboration.